Whether you are looking for a great vacation spot for your family or a quiet small town atmosphere to live in, Giles County has it all. Outdoor recreation abounds with thirty-seven miles of the New River flowing through the heart of the county as well as 92.4 square miles of Jefferson National Forest offering a wide variety of recreational opportunities for everyone. Giles County also boasts top quality schools, award-winning hospitals, safe living environment, cultural resources and a favorable business climate. Ask us for more information or download our brochure. We look forward to having you!
Fall is in the Air!
In an effort to keep Giles County free of the sites and smell of animals who have been killed during hunting season, we have once again established sites with dumpsters specifically for this purpose. One is located in the Glen lyn Town Park and the other is behind Pembroke Stop N Save. Both dumpsters are clearly marked with Carcass Collector.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I obtain marriage licenses, death certificates, deeds, and wills – Clerk of Circuit Court – 540-921-1722
- Where can I obtain tax information and tax assessment information – Commissioner of Revenue's Office – 540-921-1240
- Where can I reach the local DMV office – Treasurer's Office – 540-921-1240
- Where can I pay my water bill and trash bill – Treasurer's Office – 540-921-1240
- Who can I call concerning my well – Health Department – 540-235-3137
- Who can I call concerning a state maintained road in the county – VDOT 540-387-5320
- Who do I call concerning a speeding ticket or traffic violations – General District Court – 540-921-3533