Giles County Employment Application - PDF - download
Giles County is an EOE employer.
IT Help Desk Technician
Giles County is seeking a full time I.T. Help Desk Technician/System Specialist. This individual will be responsible for maintaining the PC workstations/software/printers and possibly servers and networking equipment for various County offices. A good knowledge of PC's, various standard software suites (MS Office/Adobe/etc), networking and printers is required. Ability to troubleshoot PC hardware and basic networking and operating system/application problems is also required. The desire is for this position to grow into a System Administrator position.
Preference will be given to the individual that can demonstrate excellent communication skills and public relations skills. Also highly desired is the ability for the individual to learn and acquire new skills and move into higher positions such as System Administrator.
Due to the nature of work with law enforcement agencies and confidential records, the selected individual will be required to pass a background check and be registered with the Virginia State Police for working with VCIN/NCIC applications and equipment. Individual must convey ability to maintain confidentiality and data security work habits.
This position requires strong workstation support skills with key focuses including, but not limited to:
• General workstation support tasks (hardware & software);
• Detailed Windows OS support tasks (XP and Windows 7);
• Microsoft Office support tasks (install & troubleshoot errors);
• Printer hardware support (paper jams, toner, roller replacement, etc.);
• Setup / configure printers on a basic network;
• Setup a basic Windows based OS PC (XP and Windows 7);
• Mitigate and handle system viruses, malware, spyware & adware;
• Navigate the Windows registry and understand the overall structure (HKLM, HKCU, etc.);
• Handle majority of PC hardware component replacement (RAM, hard drive, components);
• Use system imaging software to create and load images (Ghost, etc.);
• Tracing network patch cables and structured cabling;
• Use basic network wiring continuity testers;
• Properly use Remote Desktop Connection to access systems;
• Understand various hard drive standards (IDE, SATA, SAS, SCSI, etc.);
• Understand basic Active Directory account and machine administration including
-Password reset, unlock account, disable user, add/delete user, group membership, change OU;
-Search for accounts in Windows management console;
-Join / disjoin systems from domain, change OU;
• Basic Microsoft Exchange administration;
• Basic firewall, mail and web filter administration
• Perform other related tasks as required.
• Must pass VSP background check for working with law enforcement and VCIN/NCIC.
Salary will be commiserate with experience. Please submit a Giles County application, obtainable on-line at www.gilescounty.org , in person, or by calling 540-921-2525, along with a resume to Giles County Administration, Attn: Help Desk Job Search, 315 N. Main Street, Pearisburg, VA 24134. Application deadline is Friday, February 28,2014, at 5 PM. Giles County is an EEO/AA employer.
The Town of Narrows is seeking applicants for a full-time, permanent position in the Maintenance Division of the Public Works Department. The successful candidate will have to be dependable, mature, and self-motivated. A valid VA driver’s license is required, and the individual must be able to obtain a VA CDL within the first 6 months of employment. Position offers excellent benefits with salary dependent upon qualifications. If you already have an application of file and wish to be considered for this position, please call 540-726-2423 to mark your application for this position.
If you do not have an application on file, one can be obtained at the Narrows Town Office, 210 Main Street, Narrows. Position is open until filled. E.O.E.
Overland Contracting Inc. - Celanese Project Openings | Narrows, VA - PDF Information
R & D Manager, Applications Engineer - Fibers
Job Description: ... Celanese Corporation is seeking a R & D Manager, Applications Engineer - Fibers to supervise a team of Mechanical and Chemical Engineers and Technicians and conduct projects to further the Application
Environmental Engineer II Green Job
Job Description: ... Celanese to identify and adopt best practices for environmental management within the Narrows site.
Job Description: (Partial description) ... Celanese and contractor engineering, technical, and specialist employees. Must coach and mentor project staff to assist them in problem solving and execution of their roles. • Ensures that the definition, engineering, and construction of the project are completed in a safe manner resulting in zero accidents to personnel, zero unplanne
Phone: (540) 726-8201
Hours of Operation: Monday thru Friday
Herbert Brown Center (old incubator) on Main Street in Narrows
WIA Adult & Youth Programs for Giles County
- Jobs with the Giles County School System - Job Vacancy Information is also available by dialing 540-921-1421 and pressing "5" to hear information about current vacancies.
- Truck Driving Jobs - Find the Best Trucking Jobs With Top Trucking Companies in the Industry. http://www.bestdriverjob.com/
- Truck driving jobs are listed here with some of America's best trucking companies. No matter the driver experience level, we have companies needing all types of company truck drivers and owner operators. http://www.bigtruckdrivingjobs.com
- Team Driving Jobs The best team trucking jobs in the industry are gathered here! Apply today and put your team in the best team trucking job of your career! http://www.jobsforteams.com/