The Giles County Public Service Authority (PSA) was formed in 1992. The PSA serves Giles County residents by providing solid waste collection and disposal, recycling programs and bulk water to all five towns and Giles County. It is owned and operated by the County of Giles and the towns of Narrows, Pearisburg, Pembroke, Rich Creek and Glen Lyn. It is managed by a board of directors appointed to represent each town and the county. The PSA Board of Directors meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at the Giles County Administration Building.
Next PSA is meeting on
June 2nd at 5:30 at the administration building
Meetings are normally held the 2nd Thursday of every month at 5:30
Large items (furniture, mattresses, etc.) can be disposed of at the PSA Convenience Centers located on Route 100 in Pearisburg, on Route 460 in the Hoges Chapel area of Pembroke and Lurich Road in Narrows. The service is free to Giles County residents except for the items listed below:
- Automobile and truck tires up to 19” - $1.50 per tire
- Automobile and truck tires up to 19” on rims - $3.50 per tire
- Tires over 19” - $3.00 per tire
- Tires over 19” on rims - $6.00 per tire
- Tractor/Off Road Tires - $25.00 per tire
- Brush and tree debris - $1.00 per 100 pounds (Charge to contractors only)
- Construction debris and carpet - $3.25 per 100 pounds (Charge to contractors only)
- White Goods – No Charge
- Pearisburg – PSA Convenience Center on Route 100
- Pembroke – PSA Convenience Center on Route 460 Hoges Chapel
- Newport – Winding Way Drive
- Narrows – Lurich Road (Stockpen)
The PSA can deliver a 30 cubic yard roll-off container to your property and pick it up when you are finished. Call for rates and availability.
The PSA provides several recycling containers throughout the county. They are located at:
- All Convenience Centers
- Giles High School
- Macy McClaugherty School
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday), Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
Trash service for weeks when there is a Holiday will be moved up by one day. (For instance: Monday’s trash will be picked up on Tuesday, Tuesday’s trash will be picked up on Wednesday, etc.)