Steps involved when obtaining a concealed handgun permit:
- Applications can be picked up at the Giles County Circuit Court Clerk’s Office.
- After filling out the application and collecting a $35.00 fee, it is taken to the Sheriff’s Office.
- Once the background check comes back to the Sheriff’s Office, the entire application is brought to the Clerk’s Office.
- The Judge “grants” or “denies” the application after looking over it and then signs it.
- The Clerk’s Office then scans and indexes the application.
- The Clerk’s Office calls the applicant to let them know that it has been “denied”.
- If “granted”, the Clerk’s Office mails the permit to the applicant.
- Must be a Giles County resident
- Must have documentation verifying the applicant has passed a gun safety course or have a letter from a police officer verifying their ability to use a firearm.